02 6559 6699
Courses you may be interested in...
with Peter Green
Set the alarm, grab a warm coat and bring a hot coffee for an early morning shoot. The sunrise workshop will guide you in capturing the magical moment and gorgeous light that happens at dawn. You will be assisted with composition and exposure to create some beautiful images. Panorama images will also be visited.
- How to change your aperture, shutter speed and ISO in Manual mode to balance your light meter, and how to set a 2 second timer. It is important to know how to do this on your particular camera model, as all cameras are different and the trainer may not have time to individually explain this before the sun comes up. The separate “Introduction to DSLR photography” course may help with this if you are uncertain.
- How to operate your tripod.
- A DSLR camera with full Manual capabilities.
- Fully charged batteries and an SD card with plenty of storage space.
- A tripod, a bag of rice, or a wheat pack to support your camera (you won’t be able to hold it during a long exposure).
- A torch (you will be setting up in the dark).
Suggested Equipment (not required):
- A mixture of lenses, but especially a wide-angle lens is ideal.
- Graduated filters if you have them.
- Your camera manual, if you think you may need it.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Comfortable clothes and footwear.
Cancellations due to weather may be necessary and in this instance the college will reschedule the class. No guarantees can be made for perfect sunrise conditions but hopefully we will get lucky on the day!