Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid & CPR
Units HLTAID011 & HLTAID009
This short course aims to demonstrate and develop skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. Both units apply to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. The Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is essential to work in a wide range of industries including nursing, aged care, building and construction and agriculture. Equip yourself with life-saving skills to take immediate action in an emergency and apply first aid to casualties as well as perform CPR.
About this course
First Aid is the initial care of a sick or injured person. Prompt first aid can save lives in the critical time before emergency services or medical aid arrives. It can also prevent an injury or illness from becoming worse and provide comfort and reassurance to a casualty.
The key aims of first aid:
- Preserve life of anyone involved in incident
- Protect any unconscious person
- Prevent any further injury or existing injury becoming worse
- Promote recovery of casualty
Learn the essential skills in our safe simulated learning environment with the latest tools and technology. Use our training defibrillator under the guidance or our highly experienced Critical Care Nurse to shock our manikins and to assist you to understand that a prompt response can save lives.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform and apply first aid procedures for those first to encounter an accident scene, incident in the home/community or workplace emergency.
Units of Competency
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Fee Details and Funding Eligibility
For eligible students, NSW Government subsidies are available. For details about funding, visit our Funding Page.
Call us to discuss subsidy eligibility and fees.
Course Entry Requirements
- The candidate must be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- The candidate must be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
How to Enrol
To find out when our next course will be, please give us a call on 6559 6699 or email our training manager on email@example.com. You can also submit an expression of interest below.